Thursday, September 22, 2011

Some questions about the PSLE exam

With PSLE rolling around the corner, many parents are busy helping their kids prepare for the 'big' exam.

Currently, only pupils who are studying in government / government-aided / approved private institutions in Singapore are allowed to sit for the PSLE when they reach Primary 6 level

We consulted the Singapore Examination and Assessment Board (SEAB) to answer some questions about the exam.

Q: When will the 2011 PSLE results be released?
The PSLE results are tentatively scheduled for release between 24 to 28 November 2011.

Q: What happens if a pupil falls sick during the PSLE and sits or DOES NOT sit for the exam?
The pupil will have to send in his/her medical documents to SEAB through his/her school. His/her results will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Q: How can a pupil withdraw from the PSLE?
A pupil can withdraw from the PSLE by informing the SEAB through his/her respective primary school principal.

Q: Will the examination fee be refunded to the pupil who has withdrawn from the PSLE?There is no refund of the examination fee.

Q: Who is eligible for special consideration / arrangements during the PSLE?
A pupil with physical or learning disabilities which may adversely affect his/her performance in the examination may request for special consideration /arrangements during the examination. Certain special consideration / arrangements will be annotated in the pupil’s PSLE certificate.

Q: How does a pupil apply for special consideration / arrangements?
Application for special consideration / arrangements must be done through the pupil’s school. The detailed application procedures may be obtained from the school.

Q: What happens if there is a spelling error in the personal particulars in the result slip of a pupil?
The pupil should inform the school of the spelling error. The result slip will not be re-printed for the pupil. However, the error will be rectified on his/her PSLE certificate.

Q: Is there a replacement for the pupil’s result slip or certificate?

There is NO replacement for the result slip or certificate. However, the pupil may purchase a “Statement of Results” from the Ministry of Education Customer Service Centre at 1 North Buona Vista Drive, S138675 (8am – 6pm Mon to Fri). The contact number is 6872-2220.

The Statement of Results” costs S$10 per copy. A levy of S$2 and S$5 will be charged for postage to local and overseas addresses respectively.

No comments: